Cordless Screwdriver

Black & Decker VP810 3.6-Volt Versapak Screwdriver

Black & Decker VP810 3.6-Volt Versapak Screwdriver
The 3.6-Volt VersaPak Screwdriver by Black & Decker is a powerful driver that features an innovative pivoting handle with both in-line and pistol-grip positioning options for greater versatility. Its ergonomically-shaped handle features a rubber-coated grip area for better comfort and control, and the 24-position clutch helps prevent stripping. This handy driver also features a narrow nose-piece for a longer reach into difficult areas and an automatic spindle lock for manual operations. The 3.6-volt VersaPak battery is interchangeable with other VersaPak tools and provides an extended operating life.
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-VP810-3-6-Volt-Screwdriver/dp/B001HX57A2?SubscriptionId=AKIAIBWAPDDWKD2O7RNA&tag=creecolo0a-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B001HX57A2
B001HX57A2
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B001HX57A2/ref=dp_otherviews_3?ie=UTF8&tag=creecolo0a-20
Black & Decker VP810 3.6-Volt Versapak Screwdriver
Black & Decker VP810 3.6-Volt Versapak Screwdriver
Black & Decker
Pivot Driver handle locks in 2 positions. Removable VersaPak battery works with all VersaPak products. 180 RPM, forward reverse switch. Automatic spindle lock for manual screwdriving. Includes battery, charger, and double ended bit. The 3.6-Volt VersaPak Screwdriver by Black & Decker is a powerful driver that features an innovative pivoting handle with both in-line and pistol-grip positioning options for greater versatility. Its ergonomically-shaped handle features a rubber-coated grip area for better comfort and control, and the 24-position clutch helps prevent stripping. This handy driver also features a narrow nose-piece for a longer reach into difficult areas and an automatic spindle lock for manual operations. The 3.6-volt VersaPak battery is interchangeable with other VersaPak tools and provides an extended operating life.

Feature:

  • 3.6-volt Screwdriver with locking pivoting handle for in-line or pistol-grip handling positions
  • Rechargeable VersaPak battery designed to interchange with other VersaPak tools
  • 24-position clutch helps to prevent unwanted stripping
  • Narrow, elongated nose-piece provides easier reach into difficult areas
  • Includes VersaPak battery, VersaPak one-port charger and five driver bits
Click to see more Technical Details
reviewer
I'd be lost without it
Rating
By Dog Lover
For screwdriver purposes, I prefer a cordless screwdriver to my cordless drill. When using most cordless drills, when you are doing a job, if the battery dies, you must wait while your screwdriver sits in the recharger to charge. Also, for me, the batteries in the rechargeable screwdrivers I have used in the past do not last and the the (built-in) battery becomes un-rechargeable, thus forcing me to pitch the whole screwdriver. The beauty of Versapak tools, however, is that you can take the battery out and put it in the charger and continue working using a fresh new battery. I have used the Versapak screwdriver since the 90's when my husband gave me one for Christmas. Initially, I wrinkled up my nose at it but now am a diehard versapak tool user. I have many versapak tools plus a dustbuster (kept by the kitty's litter box) and a snakelight (fantastic if you can get your hands on one). But I digress! That original Christmas present screwdriver bit the dust a while ago and I am now on my second one in about 15 years. I would have gone through many more of the other rechargeables in the same amount of time. Over time, I have purchased many batteries, but in all fairness, I used the batteries for other tools as well. Incidently, I only use the "gold" batteries.

Disclaimer: Black and Decker discontinued the Versapak series several years ago (I had called them when I wanted another snakelight and they said I could not order any more Versapak tools from them)...but now I see Versapak tools available again, and I don't know if that means they (B&D) are producing them again? (Dear Black and Decker, What is the status of Versapak?)...
Batteries: I have always continued to buy the batteries at Home Depot (tool corral) for $19.99 but today they were $25 each! I just found them here at Amazon in a pak of five where the price per battery was less than $14 each and free delivery... Yes, I recommend this cordless screwdriver!

Read All Reviews